Search This Blog

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Went Home

So I was thinking about writing the epic adventure of “me finally going home but taking the very first flight.” But what happened it wasn’t that epic. But still I want to share my story of taking the earliest flight home.

Starting from me desperately want to go home since middle june but I can’t for two reason, those are expensive tickets and my sister’s final “sidang.” My sister said that she’s ok if I went home without watching her but I still felt that I have to as her brother. So I decided to wait until 6 July then I will go home.

While waiting the date, I kept looking internet for cheaper tickets, but I never find one… until 6 July in the morning. I was just arrived at Depok from Bekasi to fulfil my promise to my sister. My sister’s show was going to be held at 3 PM, but I arrived at 10 AM because i had promise with my friend. As I told you before, I kept looking for cheaper tickets and it happened almost every hour, thanks to my phone so I can easily reach internet. And finally, like I never imagined before, since I was hopeless already, CHEAP TICKET TO HOMETOWN!! I froze for a while since I couldn’t believe it! It was really cheap compared to what I had found earlier. Without wasting any time, I booked it, went to nearest ATM, paid the amount, and yeah I got the ticket!

Actually I had another reasons why I froze, it was because of the flight was the next day and so early, 5 AM. The earliest flight i had taken so far was at 7 AM, and now 5? But the price was so tempting so I decided to think about it later.

So after self-thinking, I had 2 options. First, went to airport that night and wait until 5 AM, or taking the earliest DAMRI bus to airport on the next day. I was unsure about the second option since I didn’t know on what time was the earliest DAMRI, I checked the net but I didn’t find any good info. I asked my sister and some friends, and they agreed with the first choice.

So here’s why I thought it will be so epic. I got the ticket only H-1 day before the flight, and I got it in Depok while my stuff was at Bekasi, and I had to watch my sister for probably 2 hours so that means I only could get back to Bekasi at 5 PM. That was the time which traffic jam mainly occur, so probably I will be home at 7.30 PM. If I had to stay overnight at airport, I had to use other transports beside DAMRI to reach there since last DAMRI was at 8 PM from Bekasi (I got it from net) and I had to pack first. I knew other alternative to airport from my friend.

Imagining how I had to rush in so little time, i was really excited! “It will be a very cool story to tell” I thought. And I was thinking that I will made this post at the airport while waiting for my flight.

But fortunately-or unfortunately since i was excited already-I don’t have to spend the night there, I could take the earliest DAMRI and I would still be save. After arrived at Bekasi I went to DAMRI terminal and asked the people there when the earliest DAMRI leave usually, and they said it was from 3 AM, and the trip usually take only 45 minutes, tada! How relieving since I realized I was already so tired that night.

so I went home, packed my things, took a bath, pray, and went to sleep earlier since I had to wake up at 1 AM to prepare myself and I promised myself to be at terminal at 2.30 AM.

I did it. I woke up at 1 am, left home at 2 am, and reach the terminal at 2.30 AM. I had to use “ojek” and the “ojek” was quite far from home, that’s why it took around 30 minutes for me to reach the terminal.

The bus left at 2.51 AM, I remembered since I kept looking at the digital clock and hoping it will left sooner. Even I was already sitting inside the bus, I still felt worried since it was my first time. I want to be arrived at airport 1 and half hour before the flight, 3.30 AM, and judging from the clear road I think it could happened. But to make sure of it, I checked Google Maps, and made direction from my location to the airport. It said it took around 27 minutes to reach it. YEAH. I finally felt relaxed. I sat next to the window and enjoy the road as the bus took me to the airport.

2 comments:

Norman Hendrawan Gultom said...

untung kagak pake b*ker lagi ye Cal. haha

Ichal said...

haha trauma nooor